Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our Crafting Spaces

Participating in an online community on the topic of organization, I answered a post about organizing craft spaces.  It was fun to hear about how other people store all their crafting supplies!  It seems we all have learned to adapt things from office supply stores, our kitchens, garages, basements, etc. to make creative craft spaces!

I have been blessed with having a separate craft room in my house, and I took probably a year or more to finally get it all organized.  I confess,  I think I enjoyed organizing it as much as I like using it!  I spent hours going through thrift stores and searching through my kitchen for possible solutions.  One of the great finds were 2 scrapbooking stores who were (unfortunately) going out of business.  I got some of my best stuff - and at almost no cost. 

I had been searching and searching for the perfect storage solution for all my gel pens - this display unit (turned on its side so the pens stayed level) has been perfect.  The pens are even organized by type!



One of my thrift store finds: someone had taken small glass pieces (as spacers) and graduating size plates - and glued them together into this stand - I love it!  I added a small bowl on the top tier...  It sits right on my desk and holds things for my current project:



I use a file storage system for my stickers, complete with hanging files, folders sorted by topic and color, and tabs to find things easier:



I raided the kitchen to find old muffin tins and spice and jelly jars; they hold brads, buttons, flowers, gemstones, ribbons - you name it!



I think we all agree - it is easier and more fun to craft when we can easily find the things we want to use!  Share your organization and storage tips!

Now - go embellish something!

No comments:

Post a Comment