Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flower Soft

I Love "Painting" with Flower Soft!


OK, so Another Confession.  I have wanted to start this blog for some time now, but, you know how it is - LIFE gets in the way!  Recently, two opportunities arose which pushed me to Just Do It.

The first of those is a contest that is currently being run by the makers of Flower Soft.  (Check it out here...)  I got started with this product more than a year ago and have become somewhat obsessed.  It is a texture medium (in regular and ultra fine) that very much resembles shaved, colored Styrofoam - but it is really soft - and it comes in a wide range of colors, both solid and mixed.  I have been playing around with making my own color mixtures, which is REALLY fun!

Since I love to stamp, and usually do nature and vintage themes, I have loved creating all kinds of flower baskets, gardens, vases of flowers (they have a great technique for 3-D flowers - I'll get to that in another post).  They also carry a line of card toppers and other pre-printed pieces that can really be a blast.  Here's one of the 3-D window scenes I have done as a card:




I am going to have to upgrade my photo skills to better show the detail on these!  The butterfly on the sentiment is my own addition - I love butterflies and try to find ways to put them in most of the cards I make.  I also love their Hedgehog Toppers - here's a card I made with one of those:



Aren't these precious?  His nut brown fur doesn't show as well here, though...  It is fuzzy and touchable!  That's one of the great things I love about this product - it stays on.






No comments:

Post a Comment