Friday, August 3, 2012

Welcome to Auntie D's World of Papercrafting!


OK, so, actually, my name is Deborah.  Last year I volunteered in my nephew Russell's kindergarten class, and he calls me Aunt Deborah - but one of his classmates started calling me "Aunt D" - I thought Auntie was a little less formal...  So, here I am!

I've been crafting since I was a child - and I started scrapbooking quite a while ago, but in recent years I have loved making cards.  The smaller size makes for interesting compositional challenges; besides, cards you buy in the stores these days are boring.  I especially like texture and color - and playing around with the seemingly endless selection of papers, embellishments, media, and tools. 

In this space, I hope to share what I am doing and see what you are doing - swapping tips and tricks, pushing each other along when one of us is stuck, answering questions for each other... and anything else that inspires us to be creative.  As I always say: "There are no stupid questions" - so ask!  It isn't always easy to be a beginner at something; I hope to avoid jargon and do a good job of explaining things as we go along.

One of the wonderful things about the Internet is the vast amount of information and community that is available.  When it comes to crafting - wow!  Every company has a site (plus Facebook, Twitter, and blogs), there are 1000's of videos on YouTube alone, and hundreds - if not 1000's - of other people with their own blogs like this one.  It can be overwhelming!

I hope to clear through some of this vast world and share some of my Favorite Things:  products, tools, sites, videos, blogs, Pinterest Boards, Facebook pages - whatever.  I hope you will share your favorites as well.  If you are like me - you love learning about a new technique, seeing the latest products, and getting new perspectives on being creative .

Let's Go!

Oh!  And One More Thing...   Comment Comment Comment!  Each post is meant to be a conversation thread that can continue as long as there is interest.  So check out older posts too - and keep the creative conversation going!

OK.... now I have to go embellish something.....

~ Auntie D

This is the first card I made with my new Cricut Expressions 2!  (Only the branch is hand-die-cut.)

No comments:

Post a Comment